Saturday, September 19, 2015

Book Fun Friday Welcomes Celia T. Franklin's Preview



Soon and very soon this splendid, spicy, sexy ensemble book will be out! Here's a little sneak preview:





As she waited for him to finish, the waiter came by with the second round of drinks. Carmala idly glanced through the windows near the bar exit. The sky had suddenly darkened, and rain came down in sheets. A loud clap of thunder rattled the glasses hanging from the bar. The sound startled her.
But the thunder wasn’t the real cause of her shock. A man wearing a hoodie paced outside the window. She caught his eyes glaring at her.
Dear God. Guido. What the hell? He’d followed her.
Marc looked up from his phone. “Is something wrong, Carmala?”
She flashed a glance at Marc and then to the window.
He followed her gaze. “Who’s that guy? Is he someone you know?”
Carmala's face burned with embarrassment. Guido was such an asshole. She cleared her throat. “Actually, he’s, er, my boyfriend, Guido. He expected me home. Ah…I’m so sorry.”
“Hey, don’t apologize to me. Should we invite him in?” Marc glanced at his watch. “Actually, I have to scoot. I have a date with my wife. But I think we’re about through here. If you have any further questions, give me a call.” He motioned to the waiter for the check. “This is an exciting opportunity for you. You shouldn’t hesitate to take it.” The waiter produced the check. Marc examined it and inserted money in the bill folder.
“You’ll make the right decision, Carmala—about the job. Call me if you need me.” He kissed her cheek and quickly exited the bar.
Stunned, Carmala sat there for a moment, feeling miffed and mortified. How could Guido embarrass her this way in front of Marc?

No comments:

Post a Comment